Spiced Mac and Cheese
What do you get when you combine delicious macaroni and cheese with exciting Latin flavors? Your new favorite recipe! Here, the classic cheese sauce is amped up with the addition of GOYA Hot Yellow Pepper Paste. Known as Ají Amarillo in its native country of Peru, this yellow pepper paste boats a vibrant yellow color with a slightly spicy.
- 4 tbsp buttler
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 0.25 cup flour
- 1 tbsp 13079
- 2 tbsp 13079
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pack pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- In medium pot over medium heat, melt butter; add olive oil. Whisk in flour. Cook, whisking often, until mixture forms smooth paste, about 2 minutes. Mix in Sazonador Total and Hot Yellow Pepper Paste until well combined. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly until smooth; increase heat to high. Bring milk mixture to boil, whisking occasionally to prevent lumps, until mixture forms smooth sauce, about 5 minutes. Remove pot from heat. Stir in cheddar cheese until melted.
- Fold cooked pasta into cheese mixture until well combined; pour into 2-quart casserole dish; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in small skillet over medium heat; add breadcrumbs. Cook, stirring occasionally, until saturated in oil and lightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over macaroni and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until macaroni and cheese is hot and bubbling and breadcrumbs are well toasted, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest at least 5 minutes before serving.